Friday 9 April 2010

A Hard Life...

The wonderful weather today was too good to miss! Who want's to sit in a dark library (however beautiful) when summer is in the air? Not me! So today I worked outside at our local and lovely -newly opened- coffee house Jacob's and Field. I felt ever so bohemian as I sat sipping my cucumber and mint frappe while writing on Heidegger's view on the self. Even though I confess PhD-ing is hard work most days, days like today come along...and I realize I wouldn't want to do anything else in the world! May there be many of these kind of days in the weeks to come!



And if you should happen to live in the Oxford area, you really need to go to Jacob's and Field (just next to Waitrose)in Headington. They do the most amazing brownies and cakes made in shop during the morning, wonderful made to order sandwiches on artisan breads, a mouthwatering salad bar and really good coffee - and not any more expensive than Starbucks - only much, much better - not even the same league!  

Have wonderful week-end! 

1 comment:

  1. Det hørtes utrolig deilig ut!!! Viss det er sånn det er å ta en doktor-grad, skal jammen jeg også gjøre det!! :-)

    Klem, Ingvild

    ReplyDelete