C is for Christmas and chocolate.
And Truffles are one of the best ways to enjoy chocolate
therefor Truffles should always be made for Christmas
to be given as presents and to be eaten.
So a few days ago I made truffles with my friend Sharon.
We made vanilla scented ones.
We made peppermint infused ones.
We made chocolate orange ones.
Here is the recipe we used:
(It makes about 60 truffles)
- 1 tub of Cream cheese
- 350g icing sugar
- 500g chocolate of your choice -the higher the cacao content the better in my book!
- Melt chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water.
- Meanwhile beat cream cheese and icing sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the melted chocolate.
- Divide into different bowls if you are doing different flavorings.
- For chocolate mint -add 3-4 drops of peppermint essential oil (edible quality). We rolled ours in icing sugar.
- For chocolate vanilla - 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. We rolled ours in ground almond.
- For chocolate orange - add the zest of one orange. We rolled ours in coco.
- Other ideas are a teaspoon of strong espresso - chili - salt - Earl Grey tea
5. leave to cool down in the fridge for an hour before shaping into little bite size balls. They are rich so don't make them too big!
6. Store in an airtight container for up to two weeks in the fridge. For the best flavor take desired amount out of the fridge an hour or two before devouring.